Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lacy lampwork beads with intense black on dark ivory


I've recently retired and moved to Atlanta where I am enjoying my new glass and metal studio.  I've been taking metal working classes at Chastain Arts Center and lampwork beadmaking at Spruill Center for the Arts.  I'll be sharing what I've learned as well as discoveries of my own on this blog.

First off, an easy but stunning reaction between dark ivory and intense black that Margo Knight demoed in class.  Make a base bead of dark ivory and shape it.  Then add thin stringers of intense black randomly on the dark ivory.  Put the bead in the hot part of the flame and watch for the lines of intense black to break up and spread out on the surface of the bead, creating a lacy effect.  Here are some of the beads I've made:

Look for jewelry made with similar beads in my Etsy shop (etsy.com/shop/DeborahDRoss) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment