Sunday, October 9, 2016

Silver glass: Ossa

I'm back at my torch, experimenting (or maybe playing is more appropriate) with silver glass.  o started with two rods of Double Helix Ossa which I obtained from a friend.  This glass is a light magenta with inclusions, which reduces to a goldish metallic sheen.  Here are some of the beads I've made with it:



The bead in the upper right is Ossa alone with no reduction.  You can see the light purplish color and the inclusions, very nice but not worth the extra cost of silver glass.  The upper left bead is a swipe of Ossa over opal yellow, Ossa over Effetre purple and Ossa over transparent light purple.  All three have been reduced.  The last one is my favorite.  Although the picture shows more of an amber color, the reduced Ossa shows up very nicely over the light purple in real life.  However, I'm not enthused enough to go out and buy a batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment